Content

Hard Candies, Salt Water Taffy, Pate de Fruit....

Monday, December 19, 2011
 This day we made some beautiful confections. My taffy turned out a little funky, but the lollipops with real flowers were very nice. Making taffy was an interesting process and it required some muscle to really pull all that cooked sugar. I added green coloring and some lime oil. However, I thought the lime flavor was too weak and could not really taste it. Also, salt water taffy taste best if you use sea salt and definitely do not omit it!

To the left you will see the beginnings of a beautiful, organic looking lollipop. The lollipop molds were greased lightly and filled with adornments of choice. These could include flower petals such as marigold and rose, and gold leaf. Also, for an added textural effect you can rest the lollipop mold against crinkled foil. Chef preferred the natural look of clear sugar. My partner and I added green and red. The green was a nice faint color but the red was hideous.


The next few days we made marshmallows, nougat montilimar, and PB&J chocolates. Eventually, we did have our final. I made walnut fudge, lychee pate de fruit, dipped soft caramels, dipped PB&J's, and nougat Montilimar. I did have photos of the products but a little accident with my phone rendered the photos gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment