Content

Final Three-tier Wedding Cake

Monday, December 19, 2011
 The final wedding cake process took us two days. We had the luxury of covering Styrofoam bases so that saved us time. We still had to do our best to cover the layers in fondant. I had a very difficult time with the fondant, which kept ripping on me. Chef suggested I move faster which did indeed help. Again, the fondant work in this was not the best as there was some tearing and elephant skin again. My ribbon work could have been better too. It was cut a little unevenly and there were some cracking around the edges. My gum paste flowers and piping work came out okay. The gold this time was mixed with almond oil as opposed to lemon juice. This created a more fluid texture that painted on better. The roses were okay, but I needed more filler flowers and leaves for sure.




Martha Stewart would be proud of all these cakes

0 comments:

Post a Comment