Content

The First Chocolate Practical

Saturday, December 17, 2011
This was the most eventful practical yet. What started as smooth sailing, turned into a chocolate hurricane flurry towards the end. There was chocolate everywhere; including my hair. And I blame it all on my chocolate getting out of temper towards the end, possibly from a hot spot or possibly from my frenzied state.
Publish Post
Mendients with caramelized hazelnut, apricot, and chocolate balls

But none the less, this practical was good practice for our chocolate tempering and dipping skills. We had to make three types: dipped ferres trois, dipped apricot ganache truffles, and mendients. The focus of this practical for me was to work on getting that really nice, streak free shine and doing a clean dipping job. Well, I was so disappointed when my chocolate became out of temper and most of my truffles and dipped ferres trois came out dull! My mendients were fine at least. There were some things I could have also worked on, such as the sizing of my truffles and the neatness of my dipping. All in all, a good practical to learn from.


Ferres trois prior to coating

Ferres trois coated; lackluster shine a result of untempered chocolate

0 comments:

Post a Comment